Additional Fees
Interest Rate

When thinking of the title for this, I thought maybe "Give this Card to Someone You Hate." It would be worth the money hearing his/her story of having money so close ..

. yet so far. But, I am not really that type of person. Then I thought of "Good Anger Management Training Tool" or "Good Anti-Greed Counselling Strategy" I may not be the sharpest but I can follow directions.

I activated and registered the card (Step 1), then I went to use the card (step 2). There was no mention of getting and 6 digit Personal Number, which I was given when I asked for a PIN. I thought a 6 digit PIN was strange, and when I tried to use it and my card was frozen. After a couple more calls I found out how to get a PIN through the tele system, but I had to wait 24 hours because my card was frozen.

After 24 hours, actually 48 hours, I got a PIN and tried to use the card to buy a nice dinner out and it was declined. In my next phone call to the folks at PayPower I found out that nothing was done to allow me to use my card again. I said that I just want a refund and was informed that I couldn't get a refund while the card was frozen. So now I had to wait another 48 hours to get a phone call telling me I could use my card.

72 hours later, I got a phone call telling me to call for an update. After a few attempts to get through, I was told that I could use the card. At this point, I explained that after hours on the phone, a few failed attempts to use the card, and several conversations withPayPower employees Carlos, Israel and Alya, I have given up and want a refund. In order to get a refund, I must now be available to receive a call in the the next 24 hours, and if I miss the call, I have to call and talk to C, I, or A again, so that I can wait a for another 24 hours to confirm that I want a refund.

I told the "supervisor," Carlos, that I thought that, as he was a supervisor, he could just make sure that the refund department just give me a refund and save me from missing a phone call and having to call back. I suddenly got disconnected (a common experience with PayPower, though I never yelled, swore or called anyone names). When I called after the "disconnection" I just humbly said, "want a refund," and I gave them my best phone option. I left out many details, like being on hold for 27 minutes until the phone lines closed, because, if I haven't already, I would have certainly taxed your patients.

Thank you for reading.This has been very Therapeutic.

Review about: Paypower Prepaid Card.

I liked: Getting a gift.

I didn't like: Already stated in review.

Had an Experience with Paypower?

Comments